Slotomania was the first social network casino gaming premise and is one of the biggest till now. The site is exclusively dedicated to slots, you will not find here video poker, specialty games, or casino table games. It is all about slots, online slots and more slot machines. It is a community of over 100 million slot game lovers who would like to enjoy slot games without having to put cash into the macine or transfer money to a traditional online casino. In other words, it is a virtual gathering place for you and your friends where you can compare your successes, send gifts to each other, and monitor each other’s progress. If you want to play for real cash try JPC, Spin Casino, KingBilly, Captain Cooks, Cookie or Woo.
Facebook casino via app
Slotomania is primarily designed for Facebook play but can be accessed through the app stores or your PC or laptop. However, it is not a real casino service since you cannot win any real cash, there is a strict 21 years of age limitation. Slotomania welcomes international players from all over the world, but the Playtika Rewards program is only for residents of the United States and Canada. The rewards program provides you with free coins and gifts for your friends as well as discounts on buying coins.
What is a social casino?
This is a social casino and not “for cash” gaming, but you still need credits or virtual “coins” to participate. While you do start out with 10,000, you can run through that rather quickly, so you want to look for alternative ways to increase your balance. You will be gifted with more virtual coins every 4 hours. There are all kinds of bonuses, gift opportunities, tournaments, and quests that you can participate in to boost your betting resources.
It is certainly more fun to take advantage of as many freebies as you can find. That’s where it becomes a little challenging. Figuring out what’s available to you is the real test. You cannot cash out any real money, but you do not need to invest any either. You can get started with just an email address and have those reels spinning in less than a minute. Do not forget to bring your friends along, as with Slotomania, the more, the merrier!
What is Playtika and how does it work?
Playtika is the software supplier of Slotomania as well as other sister sites like Bingo Blitz, Caesar Slots, and Vegas Downtown Slots. It was the first company to introduce social networks to a free casino-style gaming site where anyone who is of legal age can play without having to risk (or be rewarded with) real money.
Previously, the company was owned by the Caesars Interactive Entertainment but, in 2016, Caesars online games unit was purchased by the Chinese game developer Shanghai Giant Network Technology and Jack Ma, e-commerce Alibaba Group founder, for a 4.4 billion dollar price tag.
And now let’s see the pros and contras of Slotomania:
- It offers you a truly social experience by providing slot gaming without any financial commitment and focusing more on interacting with friends using Facebook. The more people you invite to play, the more benefits you reap of it.
- You do not have to buy chips to play. There are various ways to keep reels spinning, but you have to figure out the best way for you. You can easily log in every 4 hours and get a new batch awarded to you. You can also complete missions and level up to faster replenishment.
- Slotomania has a huge fan base of 100 million global users and a Facebook following of 12 million. It is a website and app with proven stability, which shows well in the sales price of 4.4 billion dollar.
We must mention some weak points too:
- Slotomania is only about slots (aka pokies in Australia), you cannot find here any other casino games. You start with slots and as you progress up the ranks, you get to more slots.
- There are so many different benefits going on at once that new players can quickly be confused. Neither the website nor the app provides a very helpful introduction to the service.
- You won’t find the big recognizable slot games that you would in traditional online casino sites.
Since Slotomania is not a full service casino with real money wagering, banking is only in one direction – toward Slotomania. Coins and boosters are the two products sold through Slotomania. The coins will prolong your playing ability while the boosters will accelerate your chances to level up through the loyalty club ranks and earn you more benefits.
This is a virtual currency casino only, and all you’re playing for and buying are opportunities to stack up coins to keep the slot reels spinning longer. When you purchase chips or boosters, the friends that you’re connected with on Facebook will receive an anonymous gift card, but you’ll know that it’s thanks to you.
Slotomania’s top-level player status tier is the highly secretive Black Diamond VIP Lounge in which you can become a member as soon as you achieve 8 million annual status points. The following slogan is used to promote the club: “What happens in Black Diamond stays in Black Diamond.”
Being a social gaming platform, you should not need customer service as much as traditional players. But there is an email ticket system in case you run into any issues. VIP players have access to a dedicated VIP support helpline via a live chat service and they get bumped to the front of the queue for responses as well.